People who have learned something from this blog...

Tuesday 8 February 2011

Mysterious Seven Sermons to the Dead

Mysterious Seven Sermons to the Dead

I came across this the other day and wondered if anybody else has come across it. It is a passage by Carl Jung; I have had it for a while and never read it. I was just having a glimpse just now and found a mysterious anagram at the bottom of the transcript. I have run a few searches to find the meaning, but it appears that it has never been solved! I thought that was a little strange seeing as it is nearly 100 years old!


Anyway, there are lots of websites with this transcript on along with the anagram but no more information after that. All I know is that it is German. Here is the anagram:

ANAGRAMMA: NAHTRIHECCUNDE GAHINNEVERAHTUNIN ZEHGESSURKLACH ZUNNUS


Here is a link to the site with an introduction as well as the transcript:


The Seven Sermons To The Dead



Here is a Wiki Page on the transcript:


WIKI Page


The Page Includes this quote:

A commentary upon the work was written by the gnostic bishop Stephan A. Hoeller. When bishop Hoeller inquired with the editor of The Red Book, Sonu Shamdasani, in mid 2009 about the relationship of the two books, Shamdasani said that the Seven Sermons was like an island, but the Red Book is like a vast continent.

Here is Carl Jungs’ Wiki Page for those interested:


Carl Gustav Jung



Here is a Wiki Page for Jungs’ most recently published work, which has been kept private for nearly a century and which I believe contains this transcript:


Liber Novus (The Red Book)



Finally here are some reviews of the Liver Novus:


The Red Book Reviews



I thought I would post this just to share as well as hopefully getting some help on its meaning! I will be looking into a bit more but someone out there reading this might already know a lot more than me!


I hope to get some feedback off some of you guys soon, let me know how you think the blog is going.


Carlitomoore




2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    See here
    http://gnosis.org/library/7Sermons_hoeller_trans.htm
    at the bottom of the page there is proposed solution of the anagram. However, I do not think that such a trivial statement was anagramed by Jung and made secret. Also there is no hint that the anagram would be in latin and not in german. And thirdly, I can not see the latin solution, but only the english version.

    Regards,
    Sorin

    ReplyDelete
  2. He originally wrote this under a pseudonym, so it makes sense.

    ReplyDelete